GENERAL DUTIES FOR ALL PTO BOARD MEMBERS
- Attend monthly PTO meetings
- Rotate attendance at Board of Directors meetings
- Participate in the planning, preparation and execution of all of the major PTO efforts including, but not limited to - registration, Boo-hoo/Ya-hoo, Twisted Penny, Veteran's Day breakfast, Thanks-GIVING drive, Winter Carnival, Laps for Learning, Teacher Appreciation, etc.
*Please note: PTO Board positions are a two-year term and commitment
The Vice President assists the president in driving all PTO events, fundraisers and activities and oversees all external PTO communications.
- Interprets and reviews PTO Bylaws annually (with the assistance of the president), and makes sure the Board is in compliance. Make changes to bylaws as necessary, and updates every three years.
- Fill-in and perform duties when the president is unavailable or absent
- Responsible for all external PTO communications/marketing to the Excel Community including, but not limited to: PTO monthly newsletter, Facebook posts, LED sign messaging, Friday Folder flyers, restaurant nights and affiliate fundraisers, monthly PTO meeting agendas, election communication and ballots, etc.
- Create and update all flyers for new families regarding ECC and community events.
The Secretary serves as the official record-keeper for the PTO.
- Responsible for taking meeting notes at the PTO meetings and distributing them to members and to be put on the web site.
- Makes sure all pertinent documents are loaded on to the PTO shared Google Drive and drive is organized.
- Keeps records of PTO requests for funds and list of what funds are spent on.
ASSISTANT VOLUNTEERS COORDINATOR
The Assistant Volunteers Coordinator assists the Senior Volunteers Coordinator, who oversees and coordinates all volunteer efforts at Excel Academy. Below are the duties that the Senior and Assistant Volunteers Coordinators will share.
Create and manage sign ups via Sign Up Genius
- Staff Hospitality(July)
- PTO meetings Kid-sitters(July)
- Cafeteria help(July)
- Twisted Penny counters(Sep)
- Winter Carnival(Nov)
- Other school events and teacher requests (book fair, CMAS testing snacks, conference meals, etc.)
Recruit volunteers and distribute names to committee chairs
Volunteer Hour Tracking
- Facilitate new families set up with Candice
- Email reminders for logging hours
- Create sign up for counters
- Set all party dates with teachers
- Purchase all party supplies (if chairing this event)
- Recruit volunteers for each party
- Recruit volunteers
- Presence required for set-up the night before and all day, day of, to coordinate/manage volunteers
Laps for Learning
- Provide volunteer lunch
- Assign a coordinator or do yourself
- Create sign ups for Fall/Spring
- Set up/clean up each meal
EXCEL COMMUNITY CONNECTION (ECC) COORDINATORS (TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
The Excel Community Connection Coordinators serve as the leads on the PTO Board for all community / social / networking / new parent and family events.
- Communicate with and oversee the Lab Liaison positions
- Develop, attend, organize, manage and find volunteers for all ECC social events to include: summer play-dates, registration, First Day of School Boo-Hoo / Ya-Hoo event, Moms’ Nights Out (at least 4 per year - including Meet New Moms and Meet the Boards happy hour), Last Day of School picnic in the park
- Point person for new families
- Set up volunteer parents to welcome/speak at all Prospective Parent meetings, New Family Orientations, Kinder Testing and Shadow Day
- Serve as personal contact person for new families with questions, or redirect to other ECC members
- Recruit for, maintain and communicate with ECC mailing list
- Oversee spirit wear