2020 PTO BOARD ELECTION TIMELINE
April 24 - deadline for all candidates to submit names and brief bios
May 1 - online election ballot is sent out
May 8 - deadline to vote
Week of May 11 - winners announced
Excel Academy PTO is looking for candidates for the President and Treasurer positions!
The President serves as the leader of the PTO, overseeing the activities, events, fundraising and overall direction of the PTO. Fulfills the mission of the Excel PTO to support the education of our students through financial support, encouraging parent involvement and fostering community and relationships among the school, parents and teachers for the benefit of our children.
- Gives direction to other PTO board members in their roles
- Acts as the liaison between the PTO and school administration
- Leads all PTO meetings
- Participates in the planning, preparation and execution of all of the major PTO efforts - registration, Twisted Penny, Thanks-GIVING drive, Winter Carnival, Silent Auction, Laps for Learning, Teacher Appreciation, etc.
1. Attend PTO meetings and report on finances to the board and meeting attendees.
2. Transfer funds from PayPal account to checking before month-end. Download transaction detail to code income on income statement. Examples - class shirts, spirit wear, King Soopers reloadable charge cards (Scrip income).
3. Checking account statement - download at month-end to reconcile to financials.
4. Money Market Account - download monthly on the 9th to cash on balance sheet.
5. Prepare monthly financials for distribution to the board.
6. Prepare summary of fundraising. Donations generated, expenses incurred. Net donation projection for fundraising activity. Funds for general fund or specific program benefiting a large recipient group.
1. Report quarterly financials to Excel board. See contract for scope.
2. Attend at least one Excel board meeting to keep current with Excel board/PTO board projects and/or fundraising requests. This quarterly attendance should coincide with PTO financial submission to be on hand to answer any questions on quarterly financials.
1. PTO mail slot - check mail slot in Excel offices for cash or check deposits to be made or reimbursements to process.
2. P.O. Box - check for communications to Excel PTO and collect monthly King Soopers check for deposit. Checks typically arrive on the 10th of each month.
1. Coordinate with Excel front office to recover any NSF checks issued to PTO.
2. Attend PTO events on PTO calendar and be available to the Excel community as a representative of the PTO board.
1. Update PTO budget for submission to the Excel board.
2. Compile financial statements, volunteer hours summary and review disclosure questions to submit financials to service provider to prepare From 990 for FYE 6/30.
3. Renew Colorado LLC annualy on or before October 1.
4. Renew PTO P.O. box.
5. Review/renew insurance.